OSC Specs + Standards + Care Instruction
MADE IN CANADA
HANDMADE IN CANADA
We are deeply committed to bringing only the finest craftsmanship to our customers around the world and that starts with making all products at home in Canada. This approach enables us to consistently uphold the highest quality standards during handmade production and translates into a Premium product, not sold by the masses, rather by select retailers. Many of our highly skilled artisans have been with our company for over 20 years and they take pride in each garment they make. The end result is a beautiful, handsome and exclusive product built to endure the most extreme conditions as well as withstand the test of time.
TEMPERATURE RATING -40°C/°F
The OSC core collection is rated for -40°C/°F, yet also suitable for milder winter conditions as Premium Down naturally moderates body temperature. It has been scientifically proven that Down is the best insulator in the world.
OSC's proprietary Entrax® outer shell fabrication is backed by a waterproof membrane (not just a spray that will wash off) so it will last for the life of the jacket. Critical seams are seam-sealed in the jacket (e.g. shoulder, armhole, and hood) for added waterproof protection. This waterproof feature is a key differentiator as most other Down Outerwear are only water resistant.
Our parkas are constructed with Entrax800®, a proprietary lining is fused with a membraned backing, making it moisture wicking and breathable, therefore more comfortable.
Our outer shell Entrax® is a proprietary fabric that is windproof, waterproof and breathable, thereby providing an additional barrier from the elements.
Down is the best insulator in the world. It has the best warmth-to-weight ratio of any insulator (natural or synthetic). OSC's proprietary blend of duck and goose down ensures the perfect balance between fabric and cost.
Our entire collection is machine-washable (as long as your remove the fur). See our Care Instructions below for a detailed step by step guide on how to properly care for your OSC Premium Down jacket.
We've designed the OSC jackets with durability and practicality in mind resulting in a multitude of features. Below are all the features offered in our OSC parkas. Features vary by style, but many are offered in all of our coats.
OUR PROMISE – LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Outdoor Survival Canada will repair or replace any item found to be defective in materials or workmanship when put to normal wear and tear and cared for in accordance with the instructions. This includes, but is not limited to, zippers, clasps, stitching, buttons and snaps.
Please note that the Limited Lifetime Guarantee does not apply to any defects caused as a result of misuse, abuse, accidental circumstances or long-term wear, such as improper cleaning, neglect, accident, fire, theft, or excessive use for commercial wear. Any alterations on the product will automatically void the warranty.
For any questions or concerns regarding our policy or your garment, please contact us at email@example.com, or bring your garment back to your authorized OSC dealer for processing. Any Return Authorized (RA) warranty work must be accompanied by a proof of purchase receipt. As well, garments must be cleaned prior to sending in.
- Do not store in plastic bag. Coats may be stored in garment bags made of fabric or left free-hanging in a closet.
- Do not dry clean. Machine wash at home for best results.
- Close all zippers, fasten all buttons and cover all Velcro fastenings
- Remove fur trim and do not wash or dry clean. You may clean fur trim by dusting or brushing off dirt with a bristled brush. Otherwise must be professionally cleaned by furrier
- Machine wash (preferably using front loading machine) on gentle cycle in cold water (30C / 85F) rather with a Down detergent (e.g. Down wash from Grangers, Nikwax), otherwise mild detergent.
- Do not bleach and avoid adding fabric softener
- Remove immediately upon wash completion and tumble dry low heat with 2-3 clean Tennis balls or clean Tennis shoe to avoid Down clumps and to loft the Down back up to its original loft and warmth. (May take over an hour).
- It is especially important to remove light coloured coats from the wash immediately after the washing cycle has ended as yellow water stains can appear if coat starts to dry.
- Do not iron
FRESHEN UP AFTER STORAGE
- Occasionally, you can also “freshen” up your coat without washing, by putting it in a cool dryer (on air dry) with 2-3 clean tennis balls or a clean tennis shoe, for l0-15 minutes. This lofts the Down to return the coat to its optimal warmth.
- For fur that has been crushed, aggressively shake hood with both hands to fluff up.